Social Media in the Workplace
Social Media is infiltrating from personal daily interactions into business collaboration models. And statistics prove that online user population is moving upward every day — confirming where the future of communication will evolve.
This takes on a fresh new concept of how employees can adopt social engagement within their workplace. There are numerous corporations exploring options to incorporate social media into the workplace but there are already a small number of major brands who are beyond the learning phase and fully emerged in socialistic hubs. For those who are offering the channel within their workplace find that there is heightened level of employee engagement – providing simplicity to communicate and driving productivity forward.
Within time, the world will have sources of information available at their fingertips both personally and professionally. But how does a company adopt social interaction? Take the time to research, invest and implement approaches that are tailored to the companies overarching enterprise social strategy. Like any change in environment, employees will require a balanced approach to the new network with adequate training at all learning levels. The enterprise platform should be a solution to increased engagement, not add a barrier to collaboration – it is a channel to offer a clear pathway for the voice of executives, leaders and associates in one medium.
Additionally, technology is a layer to the communication platforms, it should not change behaviors or fundamentals of communicating within the workplace. The tool adds a level of sharing knowledge, ideas and content across the enterprise with greater efficiency. Thus opening up opportunity for value added conversations, not cumbersome methods to weave through business information. Without a doubt challenges will be faced rolling out the social channel to employees but early adoption, tools and resources are paramount in fostering a new culture of openness, real-time feedback, connection and alignment. Check-out The Conversation Prism – portraying the art of listening, learning and sharing in the socialistic movement that is taking higher ground across the globe!
Stay the course with SMH!
- RT @PRNews: Infographic: Succeed in Business Through Smart Nonverbal Communications bit.ly/1n1lDch 1 week ago
- RT @Inc: The secret to effective networking in the 21st century bit.ly/YoBDzE @michaelschein1 http://t.co/cD6DN5iOk5 1 week ago
- Thank you @jlstvnsn : The #Yammer Yodeler is out! paper.li/jlstvnsn/13991… Stories via @NevadaDealDaddy @SMH_SocialMedia 1 week ago
- RT @jlstvnsn: The #Yammer Yodeler is out! paper.li/jlstvnsn/13991… Stories via @NevadaDealDaddy @SMH_SocialMedia 1 week ago
- Only six healthcare representatives among the 50 Most Social CIOs on Twitter #socbiz huffingtonpost.com/vala-afshar/th… 2 weeks ago